Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Forgotten Britton

When I was writing about Zach Britton and his changed signature yesterday, it made me think a little bit about the other Britton who has played for the Orioles.

A few weeks ago, I quizzed a friend who is as hardcore an Orioles fan as I am about the other Britton and he couldn't come up with his name, even after being given the hint that he shared a last name with a current Orioles starter.

Now that I've built up the suspense, who am I talking about?


None other than Chris Britton, who pitched in 52 games for the O's in 2006. 

I do question the name of this autograph set though. I think in Chris's case, it should have been called the "Path to McDonald's" as he tips the scales as one of the heaviest players in baseball history. But he did make it to the Major Leagues, so I guess it worked for him, at least for a short amount of time.

No comments: