Monday, June 27, 2011

Luis Lopez- One of Them

No, not that Luis Lopez. Nor that Luis Lopez. THIS is the Luis Lopez that played for the Orioles.


Luis Manuel (Santos) Lopez played for the Orioles in 2002 & 2004 and filled the super utility role for the team. He appeared at five different positions over 108 games in those two seasons . 

Luis never had an Orioles card produced, so this Leaf autograph will stay in my collection. The last I heard, Luis was coaching somewhere in the Red Sox farm system.

Interestingly, I've run into the "same name, different player" issue with another former Oriole, Luis Garcia, who also shares the same name as two other semi-obscure former MLB-ers. But I'm still looking to add Garcia's autograph to the collection.

3 comments:

zman40 said...

I can only make out two ribbons in that signature. I guess it will be a few years before he develops the third.

Orioles Magic said...

Yeah, he's still working on that I guess.

Anonymous said...

Cool - the Luis Lopez I need for my Mets autograph collection actually has a certified autograph. I did not realize this before.

- Paul