Saturday, June 4, 2011

Orioles Bobblehead of the Week- mini Adam Jones

I'll admit that Jonesy hasn't been one of my favorite Orioles over his time with the team. I feel that, at times, his attitude overshadows his accomplishments on the field. He is a young star and I'm happy to have him on my favorite team and all, but I'm just saying.

However, this past week, he made one of the best catches I've ever seen (live on TV) in person.  If you haven't seen it, check this out, it's well worth a minute of your time.



So I figure it's an appropriate time to display the second Adam Jones bobblehead in my collection. He was included as the centerfielder in the 2010 mini bobblehead outfield set.

 

This bobble was given away on Thursday June 24, 2010 prior to an Orioles Marlins game. I included it in my 2010 bobbleheads post, but this is the first time I've focused on just Jonesy.



I hope to see many more spectacular catches from him over his time in Birdland. Maybe he'll make me change my mind about him.

3 comments:

Dodgerbobble said...

I like these mini bobbleheads. This one's not as good as the bubblegum bobble, but it's still pretty sweet.

Anonymous said...

I've got that one! The only Orioles game I've ever been too, we just happened to luck out and go on a promotional night. :)

Camden Yards is beautiful, and I definitely want to return there someday.

Orioles Magic said...

DB- The minis are pretty cool but definitely weren't as well made as the full size bobbles.

TWJ- Very cool that you came on a promo night, good timing! And I'm glad that you liked Camden Yards. I love it too, but am slightly biased.