Friday, June 25, 2010

The Week Of Jake Fox

Unless Jake does something crazy over the next few days, I promise that this will be my last post about the Orioles new super-utility player for now. In his three games with the O's so far, he has appeared as a catcher, left fielder and DH. Now that's versatility! He got his first hit in an Orioles uniform last night too. Oh, and the Orioles crushed the Marlins, totaling 11 runs and 17 hits. It felt great to be on the right side of a lop-sided victory.


I was lucky enough to get Jake's autograph before last night's game, and I apologize for this crappy cell phone picture, but it's all that I had time to do before work. I will try to get an actual scan done tonight so you don't have to keep looking at this blurry thing.

Anyway, Jake seemed like a great guy and signed for a bunch of people. I met up with fellow O's collector Aaron at the game and we were both able to get him. I thought it was interesting that Jake has a pretty serious southern drawl for someone who is from Indiana.

From what I have heard, Jake has a much-needed happy-go-lucky attitude in the clubhouse and from what I've seen, he seems to be a free swinger at the plate. I guess that can be good if you can hit the ball out o the ballpark, but not so much if you strike out all the time. What's it gonna be Jake? I vote for the HR option.

1 comment:

Austin said...

Did you send the cards in the mail yet?