Saturday, February 19, 2011

Random Saturday Autographs- Spring Training Picture Edition

After yesterday's sad interlude, I will continue showing my autographs that seem to show pictures of players taken during Spring Training.

Next up is Mike Hart.


While I can't say for sure, this definitely looks like a Spring Training type of picture. Mike was a fringe Major Leauger who played 34 games for the O's in 1987 (as well as 13 games for the Twins in 1984), so there wouldn't have been too many opportunities to get a shot of him in an Orioles uniform. The blueish skies and multiple random players milling around in the background definitely point to a ST situation. This card was Mike's only major issue card, so I'm glad that he was sporting the O's uni. Of course he was in the Crown set too, but it's cool that he was included in the 1988 Topps base set.

I haven't really looked at this card in some time, and it definitely looks like I'm in need of an upgrade. Mike is a great TTM signer, and I know that I have a few unsigned copies of this card in addition to his Crown card, so I may as well send out a request. In doing some research about him, I discovered that he is currently a Middle School gym teacher in Wisconsin which doesn't sound like a bad gig.

No comments: