Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Spring Training Excitement

I've been reading all of the news about Orioles Spring Training and I'm really jacked up. Apparently Mark Reynolds was crushing the ball during BP today, I just hope that power translates to Camden Yards.

Since our wedding is in a few months, Kalina and I weren't going to Spring Training this year, but the anticipation for some first hand Orioles action was too much and we booked our flights yesterday. Since her family lives near Sarasota, we have a free place to spend our nights, so it's hard not to just get on the plane and go.

I tried to find some cards that showed some palm trees and/or some sort of Spring Training scene, and I came up with a pretty solid list that appear to show Orioles players from over the years preparing for the season in Florida. I'm going to show the cards two or three at a time in some sort of order that ties them together. Today's them is current members of the O's with the ST background.


All of those ads in the background definitely make me think about Spring Training. I can't wait to see what Ed Smith Stadium looks like after all of the renovations that have been done since last year!


It sounds like Jake Fox reported to Sarasota along with the catchers, but brought like nine gloves with him since he can play all over the field. However, he's mainly known for his bat, and it looks like he is taking a pretty comfortable trot around the bases during his time with the Cubbies.

Woo Spring Training!

5 comments:

Ryan H said...

Man, I'm really jealous! Maybe one year I'll be able to make it down to Spring Training...

zman40 said...

I, too, am jealous.

I've decided that I am going to root for the O's this year. I'm still rooting for the Royals and all (to not lose 100 games), but I want to see the O's upset some people in the East. It's an interesting squad that they have this year and I hope that everything comes together.

Anonymous said...

Have fun... I wish I was going.

I'd love to see the Orioles make things tough for the Yankees this year.

Matthew said...

I'll be down there for the 3/11, 3/13, and 3/14 games. We thought about traveling to Kissimmee for the 3/12 game, but we're driving to and from Florida and thought we'd enjoy a beach day instead. How perfect for you that you can stay with people for free.

Orioles Magic said...

Ryan- I hope that you can, it's a good time. A nice combination of the Majors & Minors.

Zach- I like that you're coming over, honestly not many people have started rooting for the O's for the past 10+ seasons. And since my dad is from Kansas, I've always like the Royals, so we're kind of on the same page.

Paul- Thanks, and me too. A season sweep of the Yankees would be a close second to winning the WS for me.

Matthew- I originally wanted to go down for those games, but that weekend didn't work. It is pretty great to have her family so close by. I've gone to more ST games in the past four years than I had in the previous 20!