Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Thanks Russell!


Russell, a fellow Orioles autograph collector who has helped me out many times in the past, has once again come through for me.


This time around, he knocked Richie Lewis off of my list. I've had some assorted versions of Richie's autograph in my collection for some time but had never been able to track down a signed copy of this 93 Donruss, which is his one and only Orioles card.

Richie bookended his Major League career with the Orioles, pitching for them in 1992 & 1998. He pitched just two games in Baltimore in 1992, making his Orioles debut on July 31 and becoming the 519th player to appear in a game for the team, but was selected by the Florida Marlins in the expansion draft following the season. He went on to have a decent career with the Marlins, Tigers, A's and Reds, before returning to Baltimore in 1998 and, once again, appearing in just two games for the team. He continued to pitch in the minor leagues and abroad until 2003.

Russell, thank you (yet again) for your help! I hope to be able to return the favor soon!

No comments: