Tuesday, April 17, 2012

What a Great Win Last Night!

If you're an Orioles fan at least. If you're a White Sox fan, I'm guessing that you are not checking Orioles fan's blogs today. And if you don't know what I'm talking about, let me indulge you.

The O's were losing 4-1 to the White Sox in Chicago heading into the top of the 8th inning last night when suddenly their bats came alive. Matt Wieters homered in the 8th, and Nolan Reimold and Adam Jones both homered in the 9th to tie the game up. When the game headed to extra innings is when things got really interesting.

In the top of the tenth, the Orioles blew up and scored six more runs including Matt Wieter's second homer of the night, which also happened to be his first career grand slam.

I still don't know what to expect from the team over the course of the season, but I like what I see so far!


And I have to give special props to Nolan for coming in to the game as a pinch-hitter and delivering the long ball. He already has three home runs this season and all of them have come in the ninth inning. Keep it up Nolan!

3 comments:

Commishbob said...

I tried fantasy baseball for the first time this year. I'm clueless but I did get lucky and I picked up Reimold and stuck him in my line up Sunday. Had another dinger tonite. Lucky me!

Jeff F said...

Hey, great blog. I have a similar project except for Detroit Tigers. I want to get every possible Topps Tigers card signed.

I just started a blog about TTM (Through The Mail autograph collecting) at http://thatttmguy.blogspot.com/

Orioles Magic said...

Commish- Good call on Nolan! I've played fantasy for years but didn't see this coming, so I might need to scoop him up on the waiver wire.

Jeff- Thanks man! It's been a fun project, and good luck! Maybe I can help you out, I have about 1000 autos for trade.