Tuesday, December 21, 2010

An Upgraded Cesar Devarez


Cesar played with the Orioles for a combined 16 games during the 1995-96 seasons. He has been a coach for the O's short season A New York-Penn League team, the Aberdeen Ironbirds, since 2005, and has faithfully signed cards for me on my yearly trip to Ripken Stadium. Here's the cards he signed on my trip in 2009. You might notice that they are both Minor League cards, and I realized after that trip that I had never had Cesar sign an Orioles card in-person for me, so I decided to rectify that on my 2010 trip to Aberdeen.

Cesar played during the boom years of the card industry so he probably has .5 Orioles cards for every game that he played for them. I'm not joking. And he wasn't even a prospect. Ah, the mid-90s were a crazy time.

So there it is. Now you can all go back to your lives, knowing that the Cesar Devarez autograph in my collection was signed in front of me.

No comments: