Monday, November 7, 2011

A New GM

So the Orioles finally have a new General Manager/President of Baseball Operations/whatever they call him now that Dan Duquette is officially in the fold.

I don't know how excited to be about Duquette, but I'm very happy that the awful, embarrassing hiring process is over. To see how many candidates denied the Orioles the chance to even meet about the position might have been one of the toughest things I've seen over my years as an Orioles fan, and that's saying something. I guess that it says something about how the organization is viewed throughout baseball.

Let's hope that Duquette can turn things around, but I won't be holding my breath, for now at least. 

2 comments:

Paul Hadsall said...

Congratulations on landing a GM. Hopefully he can do some good things.

Orioles Magic said...

It would be great if he could start to turn the team around.