Saturday, November 19, 2011

Orioles Bobblehead of the Week- Nick Markakis Baysox Bobble

  

After skipping the past few weeks, the Orioles Bobblehead of the Week feature is back! I know that it was missed horribly.


This time around, I've picked a Nick Markakis bobblehead to honor his winning the first ever American League left field Gold Glove. This bobble was given away in 2007 by the Orioles' AA affiliate Bowie Baysox.


A few of you might remember this post from July, when I highlighted my '07 Baysox bobblehead of Chris Ray. It was one of three the Baysox gave away that year and, at the time, was the only one I had. Since July, I have been able to complete the trio and am very happy to have all three for my collection.



Oh, and the best part of this bobblehead? It's signed! Sometimes it really pays off to have some inside connections with the local minor league teams. I've written this a number of times, but Nick is a tough signature to get, so it makes this bobblehead even more awesome.

1 comment:

Dodgerbobble said...

I can't believe I missed this one on Sunday. It looks amazing!And it's signed? Even better.