Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Bowie's First meet the team day of 2009

I briefly mentioned in one of my weekend Wieters' posts that I had attended Sunday's Baysox meet the team picture & autograph day.


I was lucky enough to get my picture taken with some of the Baysox biggest stars including:

Brandon Snyder


Troy Patton


& Brandon Erbe
Erbe also signed a card for me

I didn't get a picture with Jake but he did sign my card

My goal for the day was to get as many of the players to personalize their autographs for me. It was pretty easy since most of them are really nice guys like...


Ryan Keefer


Robert Valido (who asked if I was the Ryan he was personalizing the card to), Johnny Tucker and Dave Krynzel


Ryan Rodriguez only personalized one per my request


Ryan Ouellette, Paco Figueroa & Mike Costanzo (who went the extra mile with the "Best Wishes" inscription)

And only after all of this personalizing to me did I realize that there were 3 Ryan's on the Baysox. Kinda weird right? But I guess my name was just popular in the late 70s/early 80s.



I forgot to ask Brad to personalize my card
but still can't get over how his auto looks like B___ K__ K


Ambiorix didn't understand my request to personalize

Jim Hoey is on the DL so was at the game but didn't participate in the auto session


Adam Donachie was catching so I had to get him during warm-ups
Pat Egan was MIA from the table where his name was but I got him during warm-ups too
And Guillermo was signing in the concourse but he gets lumped in here

All in all it was a very successful day for Bowie autos and I had a great time.

1 comment:

zman40 said...

Wow, I can't believe that I recognize that many names on a AA team- Patton, Krynzel, Donachie, and Rodriguez. Not to bad.

Thanks for your help on the Stefaro card. Hopefully, you are able to get it signed before Seitzer gets canned. Good luck and thanks again.