Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I'm Halfway there!!

Today is a great day for my little blog; it is the day that I was able to push past the 50% mark for my project! I'm sure that the 434 Orioles player autographs I have now were the easy ones, so this next part will be the real challenge. And of course it doesn't help me that the Orioles seem to add 10-15 new players every season, but that's not going to bother me today. It's all downhill from here!!!

I was able to push past the 50% mark with a nice trade with Tom T. who I met through the Yahoo autograph collection group I'm in. If you didn't get a chance to check it out the last time I linked it and you collect autographs, you are missing out. I have come across a few great collectors who have been able to help me and I was able to return the favor more often than not.
So check it out! And thanks again Tom.

Also, I am going to be on vacation for the next week so won't be posting again until Sunday or Monday. I am going on a family trip but will be checking out two Minor League games en route; tonight's Aberdeen Ironbirds vs. Staten Island Yankees game in Aberdeen (with added bonus of a crab feast) and Saturday's Northwest Arkansas Naturals vs Arkansas Travelers game in Springdale, Arkansas(with added bonus of a Vance Wilson bobblehead). I hope to have many pictures and autographs to share when I'm back.

Here are the cards Tom sent me:


Ed Farmer 1977


Pat Hentgen 2001-03


Craig Lefferts 1992


Gary Matthews Jr. 02-03


Derrick May 1999


Bob Molinaro 1979


Matt Nokes 1995


Roy Smith 1991


Ron Washington 1987


Ernie Whitt 1991


Esteban Yan 1996-97

Funny time on the Yan auto, I just got a TTM I sent to him back last week.

Have a nice week everyone, I will be blogging again soon.

3 comments:

zman40 said...

Congratulations and have fun on your trip. Make sure to root for the Naturals!

unclemoe said...

Have fun!

moe.

Scott Mortimer said...

Nice! Congrats on your half-way mark!